Shows like IMEX America, Connect Marketplace and ASAE’s Annual Meeting are creating some of the best opportunities for your DMO to get your message in front of meeting planners. How can you leverage these major industry events to create business for your destination? You reach planners where they always are…online.
Peep Park City’s Geo-fencing campaign that created a 112% increase in lead generation and 35 leads.
The Rundown in 250 Words
What is Geo-Fencing?
Geo-fencing refers to drawing a virtual barrier around a location using your device’s global positioning system (GPS) or Internet Protocol (IP) address, which is just like your virtual address. Ads inside of geo-fenced areas can be seen as potential customers are browsing the web.
What is Retargeting?
Retargeting, or remarketing, is a form of online advertising that can help you keep your destination in front of bounced traffic after they leave your website. For most websites, only 2% of web traffic converts on the first visit. (Source: Retargeter.com). Retargeting is a tool that can help DMOs reach the other 98% of users who don’t convert right away.
Techniques to Enhance a DMO’s Meetings Marketing
- Geo-fencing trade shows
- Geo-fencing major events
- Retargeting users who clicked
- Attribution modeling and data add other layers of opportunity for conversion by remarketing to the visitors that landed on the microsite or landing page and didn’t complete the goal on the first visit.
- Analyzing ads
What’s the Importance of Geo-Fencing & Retargeting?
DMOs need to reach planners where they are, taking advantage of what Google calls ‘micro-moments.’ Capitalize on these micro-moments by being there, being useful and being quick.
With meeting planners often traveling and attending trade shows, geo-fencing and retargeting helps them see your messages in real time and is an affordable way to add more reach for your team and help increase conversions.
For a deeper look into Digital Marketing for Meetings & Conventions, download our full ebook here.
VP of Marketing Strategy
Mae creates and oversees the marketing and strategic processes (actually more than we know what to do with) for the organization that leads to acquisition, retention, and engagement of DMO campaigns.