State-Level Meetings Marketing for Visit Maine
Digital Edge developed the first-ever meetings marketing campaign for Maine, creating awareness and increasing interest in the state as a meetings destination – a bucket-list one, at that.
Author: Mya Surrency
THE DUAL-DESTINATION OPPORTUNITIES
The state tourism office supports two main CVBs that applied for a grant from the state tourism office to address the need for meetings marketing – Bangor and Portland. Both destinations in the state are self-funded through partnership offerings and have very different meetings offerings.
Bangor’s challenges include:
- No attached convention center hotel
- Some limited availability of flights/accessibility/transportation because of the more remote location
- Lack of overnight rooms to match the size of the meeting space options
Portland’s challenges include:
- No convention center
- The largest hotel can hold up to 500 rooms on peak, requiring larger conventions to use multiple hotels
THE PROGRAM PARTNERSHIP & GOALS
Our work began in the fall of 2021 and will continue through the spring of 2023.
The digitally-focused campaigns targeted planners in key economic growth industries and by size/history and aimed to create interest in the state’s shoulder season. Target sectors included groups for:
- Forest Products
- Environmental Technologies
- Biotechnology, Composites, Advanced Materials
- Marine Technology and Aquaculture
1st QUARTER METRICS
(Completed by 2023)
THE FULL PROGRAM OF ASSETS & DELIVERABLES
through Microsite Call-To-Action
New Microsite Users
Total Media Impressions
Email Average Open Rate
Email Average Click Rate
The Opportunity for Your State
Our agency takes an untouchable approach to tell the ‘group side’ of a state’s story. Reach out to put our expertise to work for your DMO.