Tens of thousands of football fans descend on Northeast Florida every year for the Florida-Georgia game. To capitalize on the rivalry event, the Amelia Island Tourist Development Council tapped Digital Edge to create a 30-day Florida/Georgia Game leisure promotion to drive Island visitation.
- Create demand for Amelia Island, targeting University of Georgia fans primarily
- Increase business revenue for destination partners in October and early November
- Build Amelia Island’s email database for marketing to potential future visitors through our content marketing program
Our solutions were hyper-focused on demographic characteristics, spending patterns and sports travel special interest groups. We utilized:
- The Digital Edge Media Platform
- Geographic, demographic and behavioral targeting
- Desktop and mobile platforms
- Facebook look-alike campaign with intent targeting
Incorporating team colors with Amelia Island’s brand images, we were able to drive immediate association between the game and destination. Deliverables included HTML5 banner designs, custom emails with countdown clock and a responsive landing page focused on promotion entry and partner packages.
- 30-day campaign with less than $2,500 media budget
- Nearly 3 million impressions
- 6,000 new email addresses
- 4% click conversion rate