Explore Branson a Case Study on “Integrated Media and Team”
Integrated media is the unification of different media formats, elements and techniques to relay information or advertisements.
Integrated team is a system of collaboration working between all of those involved in the delivery of a project on a day to day basis.
Integrate these two and you have the successful partnership between agency and DMO, or in this case Digital Edge and Explore Branson. As they say, “teamwork makes the dream work,” and the tried-and-true approach to ensure meetings marketing success for this destination truly takes a village.
- Create unique campaign messaging and creative concept
- Use a mixed media approach
- Overcome outdated perceptions
- Build awareness for Branson, MO as a meetings destination
- Capitalize on virtual connections during the pandemic
- Build strong relationships to convert in recovery phase
You’re Over the Obvious
The idea for this campaign messaging spoke to the resurgence we had been seeing with interest in the Ozarks and positioned Branson as the destination that “gets it.”
- Almost everywhere claims “unique venues” or “convention package” and we took the approach of ‘Cool, but what’s different?’
- We paired this approach with playful messages on the landing page to create a continuity in tone and message. Some phrasing included:
- “We won’t tell if you won’t.”
- “We’ll give you 5 reasons why Branson won’t be under the radar for long.”
If You Build It They Will Come
Because the Explore Branson team was undergoing a website redesign, it seemed poignant to do an extensive website audit and evaluation where we could identify the key content pages that were missing or ones that needed a refresh, and outline which content we needed to create and market via social distribution.
Digital Edge successfully updated and developed 19 pages of website content (13 of which were brand spanking new!) Once our team curated the compelling new copy each month, the Branson team implemented those content pages within their CMS and pushed live.
We also created four strong and enticing meetings videos that focused on key topics planners were unaware of based off of our Perception Study. Did we mention we did that too?
Check out the Virtual FAM Case Study HERE!
Great planning can start with great collaborations — and that proved true with Explore Branson. Feeding off of each other’s motivation and mission for success, our team worked incredibly well together to develop a Virtual FAM Tour that presented a real feel for the destination. As we partnered in the creation of the experiential itinerary and collaborated on the presentation deck, the Branson team facilitated all of the partners to participate live in the program and provide exceptional visuals from imagery to drone footage and videos.
Digital Edge couldn’t be more appreciative for the invaluable partnership we’ve had with Explore Branson over the years and it just goes to show:
VP of Marketing Strategy
Mae is the Vice President of Marketing Strategy at Digital Edge. She has more than 10 years in the Hospitality, Hotel and Tourism industry lending her expertise in SEO, SEM, Paid Media, Digital Marketing Strategies and Data and Analytics.